CANDLE & SOAP MAKING COURSES in the heart of Ashdown Forest, East Sussex
Would you like to learn to make CANDLES? For fun or for profit...
Our courses will offer a brief introduction to the history of candle-making, an understanding of the types of waxes available and their advantages and disadvantages, how size and types of candle wick are also important, burn times and so on.
We will then move on to the equipment necessary for both the hobbyist and those who are interested in a business opportunity.
Candle-making is a craft as old as civilisation itself. You will have an opportunity to make your own candles - from simple tea lights to pillar candles and scented jar candles - that you can take home with you.
All the techniques will be explained and demonstrated, and common mistakes ironed out. Our advanced and intermediate courses also cover in detail a range of ideas on building your own candle range for profit - covering labelling, branding and selling ideas.
We also run courses on making SOAP. Ideal for the beginner to expand their soap-making skills. Our step-by-step comprehensive course goes through both cold process soap-making and the melt and pour methods. We cover a wide range of additives and design features to ensure the desired effects are reached, the equipment required and necessary legal requirements.OVERVIEW
- Our objective is to offer fun and informative courses
- Small classes, maximum of seven people
- Courses take place in our workshop at Hillsdown Farm
- Coffee, tea and biscuits available at the workshop
- Advanced One-to-One candle-making courses are available on demand, £220 - Contact Us
- All Will-o-the-Wisp products offered at half price to tutees